DONATE TO THE ROEHAMPTON UCU FIGHTING FUND
The forthcoming Pay and Equality dispute will have a huge impact on our members. If you could donate to our local Fighting Fund it would be very much appreciated and will support our precariously employed members and those in financial hardship
1) Donate online, details are:
Bank: Unity Trust
Account Name:Roehampton Branch LE227
Bank sort code:60-83-01
2) By cheque, made out to: UCU Roehampton Branch
3) Cash donations contact UCU@roehampton.ac.uk
General information for members facing hardship from recent strike action
In order to help our most vulnerable members and those experiencing serious financial hardship, our branch passed a motion to set up a local Fighting Fund.
Whilst UCU is not able to give assistance to all members taking strike action, the union offers the following financial support for members at risk of serious hardship. Union members must ensure they have been paying subscriptions at the correct rate in order to be eligible.
1) UCU’s National Fighting Fund
This provides for strike pay available from the national UCU office.
Members can apply online for strike funding from the national Fighting Fund, subject to certain criteria and evidence of financial loss. Strike pay is available for each day of industrial action called by UCU in which members have participated resulting in docked pay after the first 2 or 3 days of strike action taken, depending on your salary:
– those of you earning £30,000 or more will be able to claim up to £50 from the third day onwards;
– those of you earning below £30,000 will be able to claim up to £75 per day from the second day onwards
Guidelines for funding from the national Fighting Fund can be found at: National Fighting Fund Guidance (pdf)
2) Local Roehampton Fighting Fund
The branch has recently set up the Fighting Fund in order to try and help our members most in need. Please only apply to the local fund after applying to the national fund.
These funds are available from the local University of Roehampton UCU Branch, for RUCU members, as a ‘top up’ to UCU’s National Fighting Fund support listed above for those people experiencing real financial difficulty.
The motion detailing the rules of this policy and application form (detailing the supplementary evidence needed) are both available online. Claims cannot be made until the after the first pay date following the end of each period of action.
Each period of industrial action is extremely busy for national and local UCU staff. If you have a query about financial support or eligibility for members, please help us by directing your inquiry to the right place:
1) For questions regarding the national UCU Fighting Fund, please contact UCU Head office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) For questions about the local Roehampton UCU Fighting Fund, please email email@example.com. For details on how to apply to the fund please see the application form (link above).