Meeting Date – 09/07/20
Motion 1 – Financial analysis working group report
This branch notes
1. Members responded to the branch call on 12 May 2020 for members to contribute to a financial analysis working group
3. The report refers to: high pay for senior managers; diminishing value of staff pay in real terms; rapid investment in building projects; predicted impacts of pandemic on university income; possibilities for long-term sustainable futures
This branch believes
1. The financial analysis working group report is carefully evidenced using public information, and its arguments supported through reference to the branch petition against staff cuts, and the amended motion passed by branch members on 3 June 2020
2. The financial analysis working group report is relevant and useful for understanding management proposals to make cuts to staff and pay
3. Enhanced access to university financial information and updated accounts would be useful for future analyses
This branch resolves
1. To support the financial analysis working group report.
2. To circulate the financial analysis working group report to all Roehampton UCU members using the branch email account as soon as possible.
3. To enhance visibility of the arguments against cuts by publicising the report using Roehampton UCU social media accounts as soon as possible.